As an Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) Applications DBA, you are responsible to provide technical leadership and day-to-day operational support of Oracle databases running the EBS applications. You are also required to provide assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, security patches, performance tuning, data protection, secured deployment, documentation, configure testing and development environments, resolving problems with Oracle Support, and troubleshoot problems as they occur, including after-hours and weekends. Besides, you are also responsible on maintaining and administrating on other databases systems that the company are using and supporting.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the database systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application database issues.
- Perform health check on database servers.
- Proactively in capacity planning and performance tuning of the Databases.
- Proactively identify potential issues and risks and work with relevant parties to resolve them, or escalate them to the project/application management team.
- Support data migration, application cloning, patch analysis and deployment.
- Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines to facilitate reports and scheduling of batch jobs.
- Maintain Database server security to comply with audit
- Ensures that all deliverables are thoroughly documented. Responding to database related alerts.
- Instill personal quality culture and adopt good practices in delivering systems.
- Promote customer centric and service oriented support and services.
- Support and collaborate closely on cross functional team effort
- Optimize resources to achieve productivity and efficiency targets.
- Resolve incidents and problems to achieve targeted Service Level Agreement (SLA) and communicate of same to stakeholders.
- Develop and refine technical procedures, scripts and associated documentation.
- Assist in disaster recovery preparation, planning and testing.
- Assist in backup and recovery preparation, planning and testing.
- Responsible in deployment of applications to production servers as requested.
- Collaborating with other departments to support the organization’s cybersecurity framework.
- Any other duty & responsibility which the company may assign from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of Oracle EBS Database Administration experience.
- Proficient in installing, configuring, administering, tuning, disaster recovery and troubleshooting Oracle EBS on Linux environments is a MUST.
- Possess good understanding of Oracle current product line; RDBMS, Middleware, Application suite, secured iSupplier portal, OBIEE and SOA
- Addition Knowledge of other DBMS such as MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Firebase will be an added advantage.
- Strong command of the English and comfortable with process/functional documentation.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Organizes own workload, sets priorities and works within deadlines.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision, as well as able to contribute to team development.
- Able to mentor junior DBA.
- Professional certification will be added advantage
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|PDPA||The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad (“TCMH”), Warisan TC Holdings Berhad (“WTCH”) and APM Automotive Holdings Berhad (“APM”) and their respective subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “the Group” or “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purposes of this Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act. 1. The Group respects the privacy of your personal data and is committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your personal data made available to us. This written notice serves to inform you the purposes prescribed in paragraph 3 of this Notice that your personal data are being processed, by or on behalf of the Group in connection with your application for employment and, if applicable, your terms of employment with the Group. 2. The personal data processed by us may include name, national registration identity card number, contact number, address and photograph(s) including your sensitive personal data such as your religion, health condition and criminal record (if any), provided by you in the documents as prescribed in paragraph 4 of this Notice. 3. We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”): (a) processing your application for employment with us; (b) assessing your application and your suitability as our employee; (c) performing your contract of service with us; (d) personnel administration; (e) training, personal development and management purposes; (f) providing you benefits as our employee including insurance cover; (g) conducting our internal activities, market surveys, trend analysis research, salary surveys and auditing; (h) conducting analytics and providing the same to governmental bodies and other agencies; (i) facilitating or enabling any checks that we conduct or by any third party or by credit reporting agency on you from time to time; (j) corporate exercise undertaken by us; (k) performing such other contracts as you may have entered with us; or such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing. 4. The personal data processed by us include all information contained in our Employment Application forms as well as other information we may obtain about you, including but not limited to from oral or written communications, documentation relating to training and development and all other employment related forms. 5. You may access and request for updating and correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows: Designation of the Contact Person : Group Human Resources or your HR representatives Telephone No. : 03-2788 3177 E-mail address : email@example.com In accordance with the PDPA, we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal. 6. Your personal data may be disclosed to companies within the Group (including the Group and any subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies of members of the Group), business partners, all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, such as but not limited to the Inland Revenue Board, the Employees’ Provident Fund Board, the Social Security Organisation and Bank Negara Malaysia, any healthcare professionals or hospitals, our auditors, our banks, business partners and/or service providers and any other third party that you have requested or authorized us to disclose your personal data for the above purposes or any other purposes directly related to any of the Purposes. 7. It is obligatory that you supply us with all the information described in the Employment Application Form and any other employment related forms. If you fail to supply the said information, we will be unable to consider your application. 8. Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia. 9. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date. 10. We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so. 11. In the case of an application for employment with us, if your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your information for a reasonable period in accordance with legal requirements and for our own administration purposes. We or our business partners may also contact you if other job opportunities arise in the future. 12. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.|