Edaran Tan Chong Motor Launches The All- New Nissan NP300 Navara
Speech by Dato’ Dr. Ang Bon Beng, Executive Director of Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd
- Improved 2.5L, 3rd Generation YD25DDTi variable geometry system (VGS) turbo intercooler engine
- Maximum power output of 190 PS and torque of 450Nm/2,000rpm for the VL variant.
- First-in-class seven-speed automatic transmission with manual mode
- First-in-class multi-link rear suspension system with improved handling and stability
- First-in-class full LED headlamp with boomerang-shaped daytime running light
- First-in-class Zero Gravity Inspired seats and rear air-conditioning vents for ultimate passenger comfort
- Shift-On-The-Fly four-wheel drive system
- Top safety features such as VDC with TCS, ABLS, HSA and HDC
KUALA LUMPUR, 26 November 2015 – Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) today officially launched The Ultimate Pickup, the All-New Nissan NP300 Navara.
The event was held at the ETCM Glenmarie 4S Centre, and launched by Yang Berhormat Dato’ Seri Ong Ka Chuan, International Trade and Industry Minister II, who was accompanied by Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Tan Heng Chew, President of Tan Chong Motor Holdings. Nissan was represented by Mr. Kenji Naito, Senior Vice President of Nissan Motor Asia Pacific Co. Ltd and ETCM was represented by Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Dr Ang Bon Beng, Executive Director of ETCM.
The successor to the popular Navara D40, the NP300 Navara double cab pickup delivers a compelling combination of dynamic driving performance, robust endurance, bold design and advanced technology. It is the first Japanese pickup in Malaysia with multi-link rear suspension, which transforms its driving experience and ride comfort to that of an SUV – even with a full payload of one tonne.
Nissan’s pickup design and heritage DNA is as distinctive as ever in the NP300 Navara. A first-in-class, full LED Headlamp with boomerang-shaped Daytime Running Light frames Nissan’s signature ‘V-motion’ grille, further emphasising the unmistakable aesthetics of the NP300 Navara. A new rear spoiler improves overall aerodynamics; and new 18-inch alloy wheels add on to its element of sportiness.
Launch of The All-New Nissan NP300 Navara by VIPs (from left to right):
- Mr. Tan Keng Meng (陈庆民先生), Director Marketing and Product Planning, Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Kenji Naito (内藤 贤司先生), Senior Vice President, Nissan Motor Asia Pacific Co., Ltd
- Dato’ Dr. Ang Bon Beng (拿督洪文明博士), Executive Director, Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd
- Yang Berhormat Dato’ Seri Ong Ka Chuan (拿督斯里黄家泉), Minister II of International Trade and Industry
- Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Tan Heng Chew (拿督陈兴洲), President, Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad
- Madam Wang Shu Erh (王淑娥女士)
The NP300 Navara is powered by an improved 2.5L YD25DDTi variable geometry system (VGS) turbo intercooler engine, and fitted with a first-in-class seven-speed automatic transmission with manual mode for more power and smoother acceleration. A maximum output of 190 PS at 450Nm/2,000rpm makes it the most powerful pickup in its class.
The same luxurious comforts found in Nissan’s other premium models are present in the NP300 Navara – first-in-class Zero Gravity Inspired Seats offers spinal support for driver and front passengers; while improved seatback angle of rear seats and rear air-conditioning vents ensures comfort in any drive for rear passengers. A five-inch full colour Advanced Drive Assist Display (ADAD) screen provides vehicle information for ease of driving, and the sporty steering wheel with controls gives drivers direct access to the audio system and cruise control at the touch of the fingertips.
Key safety features in the NP300 Navara are Hill Start Assist; Hill Descent Control; and Active Brake Limited Slip for traction control and vehicle stability. Other safety features also include child seat retainer (ISOFIX with tether), Vehicle Dynamic Control and Traction Control System, Anti-locking Braking System, Electronic Brake Force distribution, and Brake Assist.
NP300 Navara is also offered as a single cab that is the most powerful in the market. Its complete steel body supports a full payload of one tonne, and comes with multi-leaf rear suspension as well as a first-in-class easy bed step.
According to Dato’ Dr. Ang Bon Beng, the All-New NP300 Navara is engineered to meet the challenges of any terrain. “We name the NP300 Navara The Ultimate Pickup, as it has the flexibility to be sturdy and reliable for work, yet comfortable and spacious for the weekend. Since ETCM opened pre-bookings in mid-October, we have collected over 1,000 bookings of the All-New Nisan NP300 Navara. Such enthusiastic response only serves to strengthen our resolve to work even harder to ensure that The Ultimate Pickup seals its place as a top contender in Malaysia’s pickup segment – and ultimately become the pickup of choice for Malaysians.”
Fully imported from Thailand, six 4WD variants are available to the Malaysian market:
|Double Cab||2.5 VL (7-speed AT)|
|2.5 V (7-speed AT)|
|2.5 SE (7-speed AT)|
|2.5 SE (6-speed MT)|
|2.5 E (6-speed MT)|
|Single Cab||2.5 L (6-speed MT)|